Winners of the Fourth Young Researcher Fellowships
It is with great pleasure that we announce the results of the evaluation of the proposals submitted to the Fourth Young Researcher Fellowships.
Fourty-eight proposals were received from researchers in twelve countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Honduras, México, Perú, Puerto Rico and Uruguay). Twenty-two of the applicants were women.
The members of the selection committee were:
● Luis Gutierrez – University of Rosario
● Alicia Richero – Boston University School of Education
The evaluation was based on the following criteria:
1. Relevance of the theme with respect to the current themes of the DIRSI network
2. Justification and overall relevance of the proposed problem
3. Clarity of the objectives
4. Questions and hypothesis
5. Methodology selected
7. Contribution to knowledge
Following the evaluation three proposals were selected to receive the scholarships (in alphabetical order of the original title of the proposal)
● A Base da Pirâmide Cultural: Novos Padrões de Consumo de Conteúdo Digital pela População de Baixa Renda: Lan-House, Escola, Domicílio.
Presented by: Alan Cesar Angeluci Belo
● Relación causal entre desarrollo de banda ancha, empleo y pobreza en Uruguay
Presented by: Daniel José Ferrés Otegui
● Telefonia móvel e questões de gênero: aspectos socioculturais da apropriação de telefones celulares entre mulheres em situação de vulnerabilidade social
Presented by: Sandra Rubia Silva
We would like to congratulate the winners and express our satisfaction with the quality of the proposals received and the significant level of participation of female researchers. We are pleased to note that it was not necessary to reserve a scholarship for a female researcher as one of the three highest scoring proposals was presented by a woman.
We would also like to thank our jury and all those young researchers who participated.
The winning proposals are attached below (original language only).
|prop Alan Cesar Angeluci Belo.pdf||176.26 KB|
|prop Daniel Jose Ferres Otegui.pdf||48.58 KB|
|prop Sandra Rubia Silva.pdf||204.35 KB|